Monday, April 25, 2005

Happy Birthday, Maarten!

Today’s Word  

renaissance: re·nais·sance
Pronunciation: "re-n&-'sän(t)s, -'zän(t)s, -'säns, -'zäns, 're-n&-", chiefly British ri-'nA-s&n(t)s
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: French, from Middle French, rebirth, from renaistre to be born again, from Latin renasci, from re- + nasci to be born -- more at NATION
1 capitalized a : the transitional movement in Europe between medieval and modern times beginning in the 14th century in Italy, lasting into the 17th century, and marked by a humanistic revival of classical influence expressed in a flowering of the arts and literature and by the beginnings of modern science b : the period of the Renaissance c : the neoclassic style of architecture prevailing during the Renaissance
2 often capitalized : a movement or period of vigorous artistic and intellectual activity
3 : REBIRTH, REVIVAL 


Happy Birthday, Maarten! Today is my 43rd birthday.

 


Yeah right!  Bonne Anniversaire du moi!  This cold sure is special; eSPECIALly annoying and impeding my ability to job hunt.  I'm so desperate for work.

 

 

Today, I'm GRATEFUL for: Having the courage to be who I am, hold my values, and be proud of me and the good man people who know me say I am.

 

 

 

READERS:  Your thoughts are VERY VERY IMPORTANT TO ME otherwise I'd not open my life to you like I do, particularily to those of you who have been given the link directly.  I offer my sincere thanks and appreciation for your comments about this posting.  Please click the link below to post them here.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Mr. Dixon, by pure happenstance did I check in on your life today, only to find you've reached that 43rd mile marker! I think I knew you are Taurian, but I had no idea this is the very day! I sure do hope it is a splendid one for you, and I only wish we could celebrate it together. You are certainly in my thoughts though, and I hope it won't be too long 'til we get to see each other again . . . XOXO -- Tom Ferguson

Anonymous said...

Tom,  As always, in return for all your kindness, friendship, and more; I extend my sincere thanks.  I wish we were celebrating together as well, but perhaps we will soon.  I wish Chris would at least say hello to me online.  I know he has his reasons, for whatever they may be.  I think very highly and fondly of both of you and wish US all the best.  Maarten