Friday, April 28, 2006

Whites Mill

Word of the day:  cunctation\kunk-TAY-shun\ noun:  delay.

"Keeping score of old scores and scars, getting even and one-upping, always make you less than you are."  Malcolm Forbes

I grew up with very humble roots.  I was surprised to learn that White's Mill still exists.  It must be on a historic registry or something for it to still be around.  I recall when I was a kid, us going to Whites Mill to buy flour and meal.  I was mesmerized by the water wheel.  I'd watch the wheel turn and turn as the water from a feeder stream would fill up each compartment so quickly as to keep the wheel turning at a continual pace.  Inside I recall the outside wheel turning the gears that in unison turn the grist used to grind the grain and make the flour.  To me a 10 year old kid, I found it simply fascinating!

No comments: