Saturday, April 15, 2006

All My Easter Eggs Are Blue!

My Easter is seemingly stacking up to be blue.  All the eggs in my basket should be colored blue. 

Yesterday, I drove all the way from Washington, DC with it taking my last few dollars this week to buy gas and to do some things for Jeff for Easter, including taking him to an Easter dinner. 

The Easter dinner needed to be done today, since because of the heavy Easter Sunday/holiday traffic on I-81 tomorrow, I would need to leave very early Sunday morning in order to get home to DC at a reasonable hour.  Jeff refused to go to dinner at Outback, Shoney's, or even Captain D's.  Instead, all he wanted was $10.  MONEY!  Again, I'm nothing more to him than a living, walking, breathing, talking, ATM.  SAD!  SAD!  SAD!  I'm very depressed and blue.

I suppose the good thing about being blue, is that blue is a color conducive to the concepts of Feng Shui; something I believe in.

Today, as Rhabi and I were driving back from PetsMart to get him some treats, I read a billboard sign along the Volunteer Parkway with the message "be someone, attend ___ College".  What I find disturbing about that message was that the spirit of that message is what I find wrong with people generally speaking (myself included to a small extent) today.  Why does a person need to be "someone", why can't they be themselves?

No comments: