Monday, April 10, 2006

American Airlines

Word of the day:  catchpole\KATCH-poal\ noun: a sheriff's deputy; especially : one who makes arrests for failure to pay a debt.

"Success isn't permanent, and failure isn't fatal."  Mike Ditka, Professional football coach

I'm someone that when I make a mistake, I acknowledge it and accept full responsibility.  This morning, I learned a $1,600.00 airline ticket I purchased for one of our new partners to travel from Austin, TX to Washington was canceled by American Airlines.  My boss apprised me of this and I was flabberghasted.  

Immediately, I got on the phone to American Airlines to learn the situation behind this.  I was told the partner didnt show up for a 4/5 flight and therefore it was canceled.  Well the reservation was not for 4/5, it was for 4/9.  Both this partner and I spoke following 4/5 and we boht knew something wasn't correct with this.  

I'm unhappy that I had to accept accountability for American Airlines error.  This went strongly against my value system.  I could only say I'm sorry.

No comments: