Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Today Is My Birthday...

Word of the day:  acquisitive\uh-KWIZ-uh-tiv\ adjective:  strongly desirous of acquiring and possessing.

"There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do." 

Today is my birthday.  Three things are for certain; I'm a year older and while it seems as though 10 years, I'm definately a year wiser.  My blog being one of the measurement tools being used to make that determination.  Thirdly, I'm 44.

I'm very fortunate to have had thewonderful birthday that I've had today.  It was filled with spirit, joy, and happiness.  Eureka, Ronnie, and T.K. took me to lunch at Athenian Plaka today.  It was so nice to have that wonderful Greek lunch of Horiatiki and a plate of shrimp kabobs while listening to a gorgeous Greek man play the bouzouki.  As with many of us in our professional worlds, Eureka pulled out her blackberry.  Tom referred to it as her "crackberry".  I threw in a little quote from my friend, Bill and told Eureka to straighten her skirt -- her CrackBerry was showing!"  LOL  They all laughed.

For dinner, Margaret, my housemate took me to my favorite Thai restaurant, Busara.  I had my ususal "Goong Sapparos."  Damn, thats a delicious dish.  I'm really going to have to start getting something different when I go there, but its really hard to do since I enjoy it so much.

Thank you Tom, Ronnie, Eureka, and Margaret for making my birthday special and enjoyable.  I'm very grateful for you and all you do for me and our friendships.

I received happy birthday wishes from Jaime, Charlie, Margaret, Tim, Jeff, Risa, and several others.  These are very special to me and mean a million.


Over the past few days, I've been dealing with a bit of sadness and depression.  Depression with being gullible to other's dishonesty, deceit, duplicitiousness, and wrong-doing.
 

______________________________________________________
An email from one of the people who took me to Athenian Plaka for Birthday lunch.

From: Eureka
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:39 PM
To: Martin Dixon
Subject: RE: Thank You, Thank You!

 You’re more than welcome. It’s the least we could do for the glue in the department.

From: Maarten
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:36 PM
To: Eureka; Ronnie; Thomas
Subject: Thank You, Thank You!

Eureka, Ronnie, & Tom,

For the last few days I’ve not been up to my brightest spirits.  Your warm kindness today really helped me a lot.  I’m grateful for you all taking me to lunch to celebrate my birthday.  The choice of places couldn’t have been better.  That restaurant has a particularly special place in my life, other than being one of my favorite restaurants.

I appreciate you all and all you have done for me.
Maarten

No comments: