Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Reflecting On A Comment From My Former Employer

An email exchange today between me an my former employer.

Very nice to hear from you, Martin.  I appreciate the kind thoughts.  I’m glad you like the new job.   We’re very busy wrestling with the Singapore
project – but we’re making progress.  We’re encouraged.

Warm regards.

JLP

-----Original Message-----
From:
Maarten Dixon

Sent:
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 3:12 PM

To: suzanne
Cc: john
Subject: Suzanne: I Just Thought Of You......more

…and I smiled.   I smiled because a co-worker here at my new office is down in the dumps because of the typical “office talk”.  I was sitting here and it crossed my mind what you said to me one day near the end of my tenure with you, John, and the other fine people at The Arlington Institute.  I recall you saying to me that day in your office, “you never say a bad word about anyone.”  I’m so proud for your making that observation of me.  I’m so proud of the fact I don’t engage in that kind of stuff.  I try to be a bigger man than that.

I’m loving my job.  I still wrestle with the issue of being in Bristol with Jeff, but that will come when its supposed to (the right job match with the right salary).  The welkin powers will align the moon, stars, and planets with celerity at the right time.

How have you been?  John?  What all is new and exciting at The Arlington Institute?  I miss you all a lot.    I hope you had a great Easter, Passover, etc. 

My kindest and dearest regards,
Maarten

No comments: