Wednesday, April 12, 2006

June Pointer Dies - Member of the Pointer Sisters

Just this past weekend, I was thinking of the Pointer Sisters.  The Washington Post reports she died yesterday April 11, 2006, at age 52 of cancer.  I remember listening to the Pointer Sisters.  My most vivid memory of my enjoyment of their music is listening to them on a portable CD player when I was living on the farm while we were harvesting (putting up) hay for the livestock for winter.  I recall driving our 1969 Chevrolet pickup truck to haul the bales of hay to the barn.  We were working near Ernest's house.  I enjoyed their music.  I remember Bonnie's song, "Heaven Must Have Sent You."

 The image “http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/04/12/PH2006041201389.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

No comments: