Monday, April 24, 2006

On being; Gay, A Male, and Online

Word of the day:  nidus\NYE-dus\ noun:  1 : a nest or breeding place; especially : a place or substance in an animal or plant where bacteria or other organisms lodge and multiply.  2 : a place where something originates, develops, or is located.

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."  Bertha Calloway Founder of the Great Plains Black Museum

Maybe I'm growing old.  Maybe its just that as I'm growing older, I'm less tolerant of the games and bullshit that is played online with these meeting sites.  It seems as though the places are infused to the maximum with losers, deadbeats, crooks, theives, liars, drug dealers, addicts, and various and sundry kinds of those who have less than a quality of life at the heart of their goals.  I'm over frustrated at trying to meet someone and only to find they fit into one of the previously mentioned categories. 

I must say this, first and foremost, I'm NOT one to judge because I've had my days of "wooo whoooo!" and they were fun.  I don't begrudge anyone from doing what they have to do to get through.  However when getting through becomes a way, and norm of life.  I think that is a "problem". A problem for me, especially when I want to meet someone to share my life with. 

I'm just resolving that its NOT meant for me to be with anyone or, vice versa.  I'm glad I enjoy being alone and that I can find a few brilliant people along the way who really add beauty to my life other than in a romance way.

Last

No comments: