Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Venice Italy: Carnivale Masks, Lace, Food, Murano Glass, and Yes, The Doge!

WORD OF THE DAY:  arboreal\ahr-BOR-ee-ul\ Audio iconadjective  *1 : of, relating to, or resembling a tree 2 : inhabiting or frequenting trees .

Music I'm Listening To Media Cover: 

This morning I received a phone message from my friend, Mario.  He's in town and I look forward to seeing him.  He's a nice man.  A very sexy Venetian.

Venice, Italy.  While I live in what is to me the most beautiful city in the world; Washington, DC.  Venice, Italy ranks #2 behind Washington.  Sydney, Australia comes in at #3.

I've spent quite a bit of time in Venice.  I find it fascinating to live in a city so un-modern, but yet modern.  Artists from prior centuries who drew, painted, sculpted, etc. views of Venice could today, return and it would be the same architecturally, for the most part. 

Carnivale Masks:  I love Venetian Masks.  They are so expressive, flamboyant, lively, and yet can be mysterious and leave you puzzled; wanting to know more.  My favorite is the Dottore (Doctor) mask (below).  

 The image “http://www.venicemaskshop.com/Comedy/nasopeste.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.  The image “http://www.venicemaskshop.com/Comedy/nasoturcox.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Rush hour on freeways is so commonplace in everyplace but Venice.  In Venice, rush hour is on the canals.  Most notably, the Grand Canal.  The freeways are paved with water.  The cars are boats. 

 

Today I'm Grateful for: .This job.

READERS:  Your thoughts are VERY VERY IMPORTANT TO ME otherwise I'd not open my life to you like I do, particularlyto those of you who have been given the link directly.  I offer my sincere thanks and appreciation for your comments about this posting.  Please click the link below to post them here.

No comments: