Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It Sure Was A Great Day, Today

Word of the day:  sedulous\SEJ-uh-luss\ adjective:  1 : involving or accomplished with careful perseverance.  *2 : diligent in application or pursuit.

"A friend told me that each morning when we get up whe ave to decide whether we are going to save or savor the world.  I don't think that is the decision.  It's not an either/or, save or savor.  We have to do both, save and savor the world."  Kate Clinton, Comedienne

Its been quite a while since I've had lunch with my friend, Jaime.  We both enjoy City Lights of China and this morning I recommended we meet there for lunch.  It was very convenient for us both.  I had to be down in that area to go to Whitman Walker to get my new prescription filled.  (I recall when I had no insurance and they treated me and provided me with medicine -- FREE.  Ever since then, I've made a sedulous effort to give them my pharmacy business so they can receive full payment for the meds from the insurance company.  Just my way of giving them back every little bit I can.)

I had a chance to speak with "The Country Boy" today and that made me feel good too.  He mentioned wanting to go to Florida's Gulf Coast for Memorial Day.  I've never been there.  Sounds fun, though.  I wish I'd known him a while longer, I'd give him a surprise of his life!  Maybe Damrak, Bondi, Arbat, Fez, Costa del Sol!  Who knows!   We'll see!  Le temps dira!

No comments: