Thursday, May 25, 2006

Blink! Blink! Blink!

Word of the day:  georgic\JOR-jik\ adjective: of or relating to agriculture.

"Nobody will believe in you, unless you believe in yourself."  Liberace, Pianist 

Memorial Day weekend, where has this year gone?  Summer is here, Spring has past.  Before you can blink your eyes, it'll be Fall.  Damn!  Time flies when you're having fun.  I hope to have fun this weekend.  I look forward to it.  I look forward to painting my bedrooms (hopefully I can get all of them painted - sholdn't take me long at all), grilling out, spending time with "that country boy", seeing Jeff and Rhabi, just enjoying my home.  I'm bringing a lot of crap back to my house in Bristol as it only takes up room and clutters my place in DC.

I was thinking of Dexter this morning.  I was in the office at 6:00am.  I wonder what he is doing for the weekend?  He's probably going to be in SoFL.  He crosses my mind a lot; especially since I haven't heard much from him in the last couple to three months -- since his mom passed away.  If he's having difficulty grieving, I wish he'd contact me.  I just hope he's OK.

On my drive in this morning, Chris Criscuolo crossed my mind too. He holds a very warm and fond place in my heart and mind.  I miss him.  I wish we were able to spend time together doing things we enjoy.  Pennsylvania is so close but yet so far when all the other elements are in the way.  I'm so grateful for his friendship.  He sends me some of the most special cards by "snail mail".  That makes me feel as though I'm a very special friend.  We all need people around us who make us feel special.  "That country boy" does that to me, I hope I do that for him.  I want to kiss him.....RIGHT NOW! 

Ari sure never ceases to amaze me.  I learned today that he's a classical pianist.  He went with me to the Safeway to get "stash" for our workgroup.  When I asked him about some of his hobbies, he mentioned Piano.  I was just as impressed about learning that about him as I was the meaning of his name.  My grandfather's name was Ari too (with an "e").  Ari = Lion, Arie = Lion of God!

I just realized I need to be adding more photos.  I've been slacking on that here lately.

No comments: