Saturday, December 24, 2005

Sir Duke Kerstin Olaf Tanafe

Yes, Kerstin was one of my favorite pets.  He was an AKC registered Norwegian Elkhound.  I first was introduced to this breed when a new neighbor purchased the farm adjoining ours.  This neighbor, Mr. Huyler was from Washington, DC and he and his family had 2 Norwegian Elkhounds.  The breed is very friendly and loving.  They make great outside dogs as cold weather was his favorite time of year.  The breed has a thick coat.  The breed is commonly used for hunting deer, elk, moose, and caribou.  During college, I had a kennel where I raised AKC registered Norwegian Elkhounds.  I usually sold then at the time for between $200 and $300 each.  It made for a nice little income for a country college student.  Did I ever think that indirectly raising and selling those puppies to put me through college would have contributed to me doing the things I've done, meeting the people I've met (i.e., presidents, kings, queens, princes, and princessses)?  NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!

No comments: