Sunday, December 25, 2005

Mommy, Look Its The "Movie Star" House!

When I was a kid, maybe 10 years old or so, I recall when we'd "go to town" to Bristol, VA.  My parents would be driving down Euclid Avenue in our $10.00 car (a 1962 Ford Falcon) and everytime we passed this house, I referred to it as the "Movie Star House". 

About 2 years ago, I had the opportunity to purchase the "Movie Star" house. It was HUGE inside.  Beautiful genuine mahogany wood throughout.  But very dark.  In its center, it had a solarium with fountain and waterfall.  Truly a movie star's tastes.  It was on the market for $150,000.  I wanted the owner to install a new terra cotta tile roof for that price.  They wouldn't.  Someone else bought it and recently sold it for $450,000.00.   OH WELL, you win some, you lose some. 

No comments: