Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving 2005

Word of the day: tchotchke  \CHAHCH-kuh\ noun: knickknack, trinket.

Today seems to be a difficult day for me to celebrate joyously.  I'm quite happy that I can have Thanksgiving with my brother.  However,  I can't keep out of my mind all the people who are unable to have a Thanksgiving this year.  Especially the victims of hurricanes Katrina, Rita, and Wilma (and the U.S. Government under the watchful eye and unsafe hands of The Dishonorable President of the United States of America, George W. Bush and his political agenda).  While I have little; soon to be unemployed, I have more than most of those people.  I was unable to eat much today because of these people laying heavy on my mind.  I hope God has blessed them as I have been.

 

No comments: