Tuesday, November 8, 2005

Im Sad, Very Sad, Worried, and Anxious!

Today, I learned the company I just began working for is closing.  This worries me greatly!

This is how it happened.  Ab ovo, I've always taken my paychecks to the bank they're written on to cash them.  Small, "mom and pop" place I did it as a measure of caution.  I also turned down an offer of more money from DAI (www.dai.com ) because I was comfortable here in this job and my first full paycheck would not have been until December 10, 2005. Also the extra money wasn't that big of an attraction.

Signs leading up to this: 

1. A very heavy calendar until December and there were only 3 personal entries for the CEO.  2.  The office manager had to put his $9,000.00 ticket to Singapore, Zurich, Zagreb, Frankfurt, and Ludwigshafen on her credit card.  3.  Other items which because of their nature, I cannot disclose.

For the past three weeks, I've busted my ass preparing him for this trip.  I get everything together perfectly and he's ready to walk out the door for this 3 week trip.  Just as he stops before exiting, he stops me and the office manager and says Martin, come into my office a minute.  I do and he tells me this news.  Remember, he's on his way to Singapore to collect the remainder of a contract.  That balance being nearly $5,000,000.00.  LOVELY!

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: