Wednesday, June 8, 2005

Thanks, But No Mars Bar For Me

emigrate  \EM-uh-grayt\ • verb : to leave one's place of residence or country to live elsewhere

I just returned from the first interview.  The position which I went there for was a 4-6 month assignment to back-fill the CEO's Special Assistant while she is on an extended leave.  Based upon the interview AND the headhunter's accounts of the position and the company and the CEO, it may be a perfect fit and will accommodate my job search while I'm earning a pretty hefty salary.  The headhunter also wants to present me as a candidate to Jessica for her Special Assistant.  While this position would be a 6-figure position, I don't believe its a good idea for me to be considered for it for a number of reasons; one of which is my health, the stress factor, and the "go all over the place on a 2 minute notice" requirements.  I have to pursue positions which are lower stress, conducive to my health and quality of life, while providing a decent living.   This is why my career emigrated from PW to RF to WR.   I don't need 6-figures to live on.  My monthly debt including mortgages is only $1410.00.  I sure have to earn more than that in order to save like I need too.  I also have to keep up my style and image with Mark Nason shoes, Kenneth Cole shirts, and coolpants.

Today I'm Grateful for:  For all the calls I get to come in for interviews.

READERS:  Your thoughts are VERY VERY IMPORTANT TO ME otherwise I'd not open my life to you like I do, particularily to those of you who have been given the link directly.  I offer my sincere thanks and appreciation foryour comments about this posting.  Please click the link below to post them here.

No comments: