Thursday, June 30, 2005

Bristol, VA/TN A Tale of Two Cities!

Pyrric  \PEER-ik\ • adjective : achieved at excessive cost; also : costly to the point of negating or outweighing expected benefits

Bristol, VA/TN.   A city sitting directly on the border of two states.  Tennessee and Virginia.  This place is my close by to my hometown, Mendota, VA.  When I was a kid and we "went to town", it was either to Bristol or Abingdon, VA.  We were poor in terms of money.  But rich in values, ethics, and spirit.

When I left Bristol nearly 25 years ago. I never looked back.  I was in a sense running from what is was my past and towards what is now my future.  Had anyone ever said to me at that time, or even 5 years ago that Bristol would be part of my future, I'd have probably laughed and shrugged it off as nonsense.

In the last few years a spark; an undying ember, has revived itself in my soul and now I own a home there, which I purchased without it being something in the family.  I love my home there and one day soon, I hope to set up my new business there and operate it out of my home.  That business would be a 501(c)(3) organization focusing on the plight of rural poor and the obstacles they face from childhood, adulthood, and as families.  I hope to be able to make a contribution to make this socio-economic sitiuation better for underpriviledged folks in the future.  I hope I can make it happen.



Today I'm Grateful for:  Text.

READERS:  Your thoughts are VERY VERY IMPORTANT TO ME otherwise I'd not open my life to you like I do, particularily to those of you who have been given the link directly.  I offer my sincere thanks and appreciation for your comments about this posting.  Please click the link below to post them here.

No comments: