Monday, June 6, 2005

A Lead

paragon \PAIR-uh-gahn\ • noun : a model of excellence or perfection

I just learned through Sandra, that HK considers me the leading candidate in the interview I had several days ago.  I sure hope this works out, but I'm prepared in case it doesn't.  I know Beth wanted to contact my former employer whom she knows personally from her years as a Senior Advisor in the Clinton/Gore White House. This is the same employer who I prevailed over in civil litigation for terminating my employment for my refusal to convene an "all-staff" meeting to disclose my HIV status as well as details surrounding my health situation while comcominently performing my work duties in the same paragon fashion as always. My refusal was and is, protected by HIPPA and various other statutes and precedence.  My non-compliance, (while knowing the law as it relates to the issue),  was based on my personal values that 1. the request was unreasonable,  2.  I worked in a job classification in which there was no general, or reasonable risk to others regarding my health, 3.  the request was "none of their concern" and 4. the request was inherently wrong, demeaning, and without merit.

Today I'm Grateful for:  Text.

READERS:  Your thoughts are VERY VERY IMPORTANT TO ME otherwise I'd not open my life to you like I do, particularily to those of you who have been given the link directly.  I offer my sincere thanks and appreciation foryour comments about this posting.  Please click the link below to post them here.

No comments: