Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Visit With Holly and Dr. Kirby

Word of the day:  splenetic\splih-NET-ik\ adjective: marked by bad temper, malevolence, or spite.

10:00AM - Jeff and I just returned from a visit with Holly.  While still yet very very sick, she appears to be a bit more lively than was the situation last night.  I was able to meet with Dr. Kirby, her regular vet and she clearly made the options to consider.

3:45PM - Jeff and I stopped by to visit with Holly for a little bit.  Dr. Kirby informs us that she is not producing urine, something that is indicative of kidney failure.  I've asked Dr. Kirby to give us until morning to see how Holly responds before I make any decisions as to euthanasia.

Later this afternoon, I'm going to purchase some things to put her away respectably with.  I want to get some flowers for her, something special to wrap her in.  Things fit for the burial of a queen.

7:00PM - Jeff and I went and purchased some flowers and cloths to wrap Holly in the event of the inevitable.  I was somewhat proud of myself.  I did the best I can do to hold in my emotions and not show them to Jeff.  I have to be very strong for him, but inside I'm in great pain.  He chose some really pretty flowers for Holly.   We later went to Red Lobster to have some dinner.  We had the best waitress I've had in many many months.  She was top notch.  All during my dinner all I could think of was my hopes that mother would answer my hue and cry tonight and help me to resolve this painful issue with Holly.  She helped me so much with Toonie.

No comments: