Friday, February 17, 2006

My Memories of Belvedere in Bristol, TN

Word of the day:  ambivalence\am-'bi-v-len(t)s\ adjective:  1:  simultaneous and contradictory attitudes or feelings (as attraction and repulsion) toward an object, person, or action.  2 a : continual fluctuation (as between one thing and its opposite) b : uncertainty as to which approach to follow.

I remember very well Leo and Cleo Carrier one of the previous owners of Belvedere in Bristol, TN.  Their son, Tim was one of my friends when I was living in Bristol prior to moving to DC.  I met him and his partner Jim Tate at Ruth Ann's one night and we became friends.  We went to Florida together.  Tim was my kind. 

His mom and dad were very nice people.  My mother thought very highly of them.  They were exceptionally good to me.  I recall participating in Tim's sister Debbie's wedding to Ron.  The house was all decorated up by Tim.  He was a floral designer on the side.

I'm sad it is exchanging owners.  It was a loving home for the Carriers.  Last weekend, when I was in Bristol, I heard the old commericial for Tim's dad's company Leo's Exterminating.....  It went Leo, Leo Carrier, King of the Bug Frontier!  It brought back fond memories..

No comments: