Monday, September 11, 2006

The Same Cloudless Bright Blue Sky As Five Years Ago Today!

Word of the day:  rechauffe \ray-shoh-FAY\ noun:  1 : rehash.  2 : a warmed-over dish of food.

"Happiness is mostly a by-product of doing what makes us feel fulfilled!"  Benjamin Spock, Pediatrician

De-Loused in the Comatorium
The Mars Volta
Deloused In The Comatorium


In Memoriam!

For me personally, it seems as though every subsequent September 11 has been a day identically to the historic September 11, 2001 in terms of the same bright blue cloudless sky, summer transitioning into fall temperatures, and crispness, clarity, and beautiful.  I remember where I was the day I watched that 767 hit the north tower and I thought that the U.S. Department of State had been bombed because of the black cloud coming from the American Airlines plane that had crashed into the Pentagon.  I will never forget that billowing black smoke.  It seemed as close as next door when I was in my home, a mile away and seperated by the Potomac river.  I couldn't watch any of these accountings on the news last night.  It was still too traumatic.  I lived it.  I don't want to relive it again.

No comments: