Friday, August 18, 2006

City Attempt At Country Cooking

Word of the day:  tortuous\TOR-chuh-wus\ adjective:  *1 : marked by repeated twists, bends, or turns : winding.  2 a : marked by devious or indirect tactics : crooked, tricky b : circuitous, involved.

"Life is an adventure in forgiveness.
"  Norman Cousins, Editor and writer

I made a homemade banana pudding (a.k.a. "monkey puke" as Chris used to refer to it); all from scratch.  This is something that I make that everyone loves and so do I.  I also made a half-assed (city attempt) at making a meal I grew up on -- brown beans, relish, sliced tomatoes, cole slaw, and corn muffins.  Not all that was made from scratch.  I've just been craving a good home-made country meal for so long that I succumbed and made a less than preferred attempt at it.  But remember, I've done it single-handedly.

Oh, by the way, anyone wanting to get me a Christmas gift...here's what I want! 

Buck the Animated, Singing Trophy Deer
It can be found at your local WalMart in their hunting department.  Its "Buck" the animated talking/singing deer head.

No comments: